“If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you.” — Benjamin Franklin
More info here!
Short, powerful essays on what we can do now to cope with Trump’s election, and how, moving forward, we can protect our values, our politics, and our country.
- Cornell William Brooks, president and CEO of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Michael Brune, executive director of the Sierra Club
- Rea Carey, executive director of the National LGBTQ Task Force
- David Cole, national legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Dave Eggers, author and publisher, McSweeney’s
- Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Cristina Jimenez, co-founder and managing director of United We Dream
- M. Dove Kent, executive director of Jews For Racial & Economic Justice
- Mara Keisling, founder and executive director of National Center for Transgender Equality
- Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum, spiritual leader of Congregation Beit Simchat Torah
- Paul Krugman, Nobel Prize-winning economist and columnist for The New York Times
- George Lakoff, cognitive linguist
- Allan Lichtman, American political historian, American University
- John R. MacArthur, publisher of Harper’s Magazine
- Bill McKibben, environmentalist, co-founder and senior advisor of 350.org
- Ilhan Omar, Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives and the first Somali-American legislator
- Brittany Packnett, co-founder of Campaign Zero and vice president of national community alliances for Teach for America
- Robert B. Reich, served in the administrations of Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter and was Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton
- Anthony Romero, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Bernie Sanders, United States Senator from Vermont
- George Saunders, author
- Linda Sarsour, executive director of the Arab American Association of New York
- Gloria Steinem, feminist
- Trevor Timm, co-founder and executive director of the Freedom of the Press Foundation
- Nato Thompson, art activist and artistic director of Creative Time
- Katrina vanden Heuvel, publisher of The Nation
- Elizabeth Warren, United States Senator from Massachusetts
A full view with the back cover, spine, and front cover.
DENNIS JOHNSON and VALERIE MERIANS are the co-founders of Melville House.